WELCOME TO mig33 USA COMMUNITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bangladesh eye win over Sri Lanka

2 posters

Go down

Bangladesh eye win over Sri Lanka Empty Bangladesh eye win over Sri Lanka

Post by sweetu Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:03 pm

Bangladesh will seek to keep the pressure on Sri Lanka when the second Test starts in Chittagong on Saturday.

The hosts gave Sri Lanka a fright in the first Test when, chasing a huge victory target of 521, they scored 413 before finally losing by 107 runs.

Skipper Mohammad Ashraful said: "We want to play good cricket and start the new year on a positive note."

Sri Lankan captain Mahela Jayawardene goes into his 100th Test match needing 74 runs to pass the 8,000-run mark.

"There is no pressure on me because of these records," said the 31-year-old, who is already Sri Lanka's highest run scorer in Tests and hit a match-winning 166 in the first Test.

"I am just proud to have played for my country for so long.

"We are focused on beating Bangladesh here and win the series 2-0. They played very well in Dhaka and I expect they will fight hard here as well."

The Test series will be followed by a triangular one-day tournament in Dhaka from January 10 with Zimbabwe as the third team.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bangladesh (from): Mohammad Ashraful (capt), Mashrafe Mortaza, Tamim Iqbal, Junaid Siddique, Imrul Kayes, Raqibul Hasan, Mehrab Hossain, Shakib Al Hasan, Rajin Saleh, Mushfiqur Rahim, Shahadat Hossain, Enamul Haque, Mahbubul Alam, Sajidul Islam.

Sri Lanka (from): Mahela Jayawardene (capt), Malinda Warnapura, Michael Vandort, Kumar Sangakkara, Thilan Samaraweera, Tillakaratne Dilshan, Prasanna Jayawardene, Chaminda Vaas, Muttiah Muralitharan, Rangana Herath, Dammika Prasad, Chamara Kapugedera, Farveez Maharoof, Dilhara Fernando, Thilan Thushara.
sweetu
sweetu

Female Number of posts : 1051
Country/Location : earth
mig33 ID : ........
Abot Me : I am an honest, uncomplicated and a god fearing person trying to give meaning and happiness to life in simple ways
Email Address : sweetamna1@live.com
I Like : Honesty
I hate : Dont know what i hate
Favourite color : Bangladesh eye win over Sri Lanka Red111
Registration date : 2008-11-03

Back to top Go down

Bangladesh eye win over Sri Lanka Empty Re: Bangladesh eye win over Sri Lanka

Post by iceman Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:56 am

thnx 4 sharing ur gr8
iceman
iceman
Mature